December 23, 2007

Hardly Walking

Damn y'all, I just looked at the box office numbers for this week and Walk Hard bombed like fuck! In its first weekend it only managed to bring in $4.1 million! That's crazy shit man lol. Honestly, when I first saw the previews I thought this would be the outcome (hey I got it right on The Comebacks and The Brothers Soloman so why not? lol), but after awhile the promo really started to pick up and Walk Hard was everywhere. John C. Reilly even got a Golden Globe nomination (though these award shows generally don't know what the fuck they're talking about when it comes to comedies) for best male performance by an actor in a musical or comedy. Oh well, I guess with all that support everyone forgot to go support (if that makes any sense to anyone outside of my head lol). Sad.

On another note, Charlie Wilson's War and Sweeney Todd received a lot of critical acclaim (aka got nominated for a lot of shit lol) and on brought in $9.6 million and $9.3 million respectively. I dunno about Johnny Depp, but that HAS to be the lowest opening week for Tom Hanks lol.

0 comments: