December 18, 2007

This Week In Flops 12/18/07

Welp, its Dec. 18th and its time for some predictions! I'm glad to NOT have to include Mary J. to this list, but its sad that Lupe Fiasco does have to make it. Anyway, I dunno what Lupe and Chingy have going on, but once again their albums are coming out on the same day (remember last year Lupe outdid Chingy in first week sales after Best Buy finally turned in their numbers for their Sept 19th releases a few days late?? lol). Anyway, let's go in!!!:

First up is Lupe Fiasco with his new age classic The Cool. Even though this album is incredible, I seriously doubt it will sell much since I hardly even hear the single anywhere and have never seen the video unlike last year's Kick Push. Fortunately for him, Chingy is in an even worse predicament so he'll still probably outsell him lol. I got Lupe doing about 60-80k.

I really didn't even know Chingy was coming out with an album, but I guess that just goes to show how irrelevant he is now. His career will forever be marred by him leaving DTP after going double-platinum only to come crawling back to flops later. Anyway, I really don't see the Chingster selling much more than 40-50k.

Last is Jaheim's The Makings Of A Man which also drops today. I don't have much to say about this album because I hardly know anything about it and just found out it was dropping today. With that kinda buzz, you can't expect Ja to sell anything over 30k unfortunately.

0 comments: