April 20, 2008

The Boy Is Back!

Man, that show last night was crazy! The fans were crazy, the stretch Hummer was crazy, and Smiley and the Gwop Boyz shut it down!

If you didn't know (which I'm sure you didn't seeing I never wrote about it lol) I went with the Gwop Boyz and Smiley to Fort Myers where they had this Teen Splash show for 105.5 The Beat (shout out to them!) with Kid Sister, Pleasure P, and Shawty Lo.

When we got there Kid Sister was wrapping up her set and damn she looked fine as hell from where I was at. The fans seemed to be feelin' her, but when they said Pleasure was coming out they went absolutely haywire! They were so loud it just felt like it was silent for a second lol. Anyway, he ripped his show, but at the same time it was kinda wack because most of the time he was doing other people's shit. I mean he did everybody from Plies to 2Pac to Ginuwine lol (which was funny because most of these kids were 3, 4, and 5 when Pac passed lol). He did like 1 or 2 of his solo songs and 3 or 4 of the Pretty Ricky songs (its amazing how much better they sound when he's the only one singing them lol) and about 8 or 9 of other people's song (why he did a 2Pac and Biggie tribute, I don't know lol). I don't blame him though because those girls were going ape shit no matter if he was performing or laying down on the stage taking a nap lol. Nothing wrong with an easy 5 G's for doing that.

Anyway, the Gwop Boyz came on after that, which I thought was about to be a recipe for disaster after Pleasure P did his thing, but it turned out great because its like he hyped the crowd up even more for them. They had the fans after the first song (shout out to DJ Mena for doing the damn thang!), but when Smiley came out to do their song together the energy rose up something crazy. That negro is definitely a performer because he'll do anything to keep the crowd into it. This time included bringing a bunch of those lil girls on the stage so thank goodness there was no Akonery going on lol. Anyway, the CEO of Level 6 Records came out with a big ass envelope (not a mailing envelope either I'm talking about one of those big gold joints lol) full of $400-500 in ones when Gwop was about to do Lookin' Fly. They're set was live!

We didn't wait around for Shawty Lo though so I don't know how he did...hell I don't even know if he came because we didn't actually leave until like 20-30 minutes after they got off stage because they were signing autographs & taking pictures. I hope he did come though because that was a great crowd (shout out to Fort Myers). I got a few pics and some video so I'll post that when I get off work or whenever I have time.

0 comments: