July 20, 2010

This Week In Flops 7/20/10

Rick Ross Teflon Don
Man, what a day they picked to drop this album, there isn't another major release as far as the eye can see. That bodes well for the BAWSE turned laughing stock turned great music maker.

Okay, so we know there's no competition, but is there enough interest in Teflon Don?? He's getting a lot of mixtape and underground play, but not much as far as the mainstream is concerned. I mean, he is practically non-existent on the Billboard charts. That doesn't necessarily mean something big isn't brewing, but I'm not positive he has the juice with the mainstream crowd as he does with the urban.

The quality of the music suggests 500,000, but the interest level suggests far less, so I'm setting Teflon Don's ceiling at 200,000, and I think it's going to fall somewhere in the 150-180k range. I'm all for good music, so I'm open to be proven wrong, but I don't think I will.