March 11, 2012

Azealia Banks vs. Iggy Azalea: Who Should STFU?

This whole "beef" started when this chick Azealia Banks called out XXL for putting Iggy Azalea (I know, the name similarity is confusing to me too) on the Freshman cover a couple weeks ago. Here's what happened when DJ Drama brought it up to Iggy and T.I. on the radio the other day:


And here's Banks' response:

Lol I NEVER needed the next n-gga to sit up on a radio show with me and defend me. Furthermore, n*ggas r sitting up here trying to mask/defend what homegirl said. F*ck outta here. Everybody got something slick to say, but no one got an explanation. Come on T.I…. N*ggas is not scared of u and whatever sh-t u got to say on some radio show. @tip you corny for that one. How u a grown man commenting on what’s going on between two girls. Come on son. Stop it. Ruin my career: what f*cking ever… Y’all wish.

This situation is really funny to me.  It’s not like I said some foul out of the water sh-t about Iggy Azalea… I questioned her artistic integrity because of insensitive lyrics.  Its not like I made up some bullsh-t and came at her head. In fact the issue wasn’t even really her. The issue was XXL. Why were the only three females nominated for that cover kreayshawn, v-nasty and iggy? Where was Rapsody, or nitty Scott, or Angel Haze? But y’all n-ggas don’t hear me tho. LOL. I think what’s even more interesting about this, is how unable Iggy is to explain herself. T.i can’t even explain for her. Those r my last comments about it. The Internet is making me look like a villain.

Okay, now here's the Hip-Hop Czar's opinion:

Azealia Banks should just shut the fuck up. Whether she has a point or not, it's just gonna seem like she's hatin' no matter what, so her best bet would to be to just drop it. Besides, if she signs to G.O.O.D. Music like rumor has it she will, she'll have her day in the sun soon enough.

(Side note: If she doesn't think T.I. could ruin her career, she should go check the Billboard charts for the last Lil Flip sighting.)

(Side side note: If you have no idea who Azealia Banks is click here.)